Emergency crews battle dryer fire - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Emergency crews battle dryer fire

Posted:

Eau Claire (WQOW) - A dryer fire had crews working fast to prevent it from spreading this evening.

A dryer overheated, which caused a fire in the basement of a house in Eau Claire. Officials say some of the college students who lived there were home at the time and were able to get out safely.

"There are some challenges when you have a fire in the basement due to the heavy heat. But the crews were able to go in and ventilate right away and release some of that heat so it didn't cause pose a risk for them too much in this fire," said Eau Claire Fire Department Battalion Chief Allyn Bertrang.

Thanks to the quick work of the crew, the damage was contained mostly to the dryer itself, with some smoke damage in the basement.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact Director of Station Operations Lisa Patrow at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.