Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking

Posted:

PLATTEVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.

   WKOW-TV reports Sunday that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.

   Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.

   Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.

   The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact Director of Station Operations Lisa Patrow at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.