COLUMBUS (WKOW) -- The Columbus Police Department is investigating the recent death of two dogs.
It is suspected the dogs died from rat poison ingestion. In both incidents, the dogs were seen playing with "sticks", which turned out to be a form of rat poison.
At this time, it is unknown how the poison sticks were put in the yards. However, it is possible someone is intentionally targeting domestic pet dogs.
A small child found the stick in one of the yards and handled it.
Columbus police are cautioning all residents to check their properties for these poison sticks. If found, please handle safely, place them in a paper bag and contact the Columbus Police Department.