Cooking fire leaves 1 displaced, $20K in damages - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Cooking fire leaves 1 displaced, $20K in damages

Posted:

MADISON (WKOW) -- The Red Cross helps one person who was affected by a cooking fire that caused $20,000 in damages.

According to the Madison Fire Department, it happened about 9:00 p.m. on Friday on the 1000 block of Moorland Road.

Firefighters arrived to find a hallway filled with smoke. When they entered an apartment, flames were coming from the kitchen area.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking, which damaged the kitchen appliances and cabinets and caused moderate smoke damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact News Director Dan Schillinger at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.