BARABOO (WKOW)-- Firefighters from several communities responded to a house on fire at Bluff Road in Baraboo. Officials immediately saw heavy smoke coming through the roof of the home.
Firefighters made entry into the single story home and quickly extinguished the fire which originated in the chimney. The flames spread through cracks in the brick and mortar of the chimney and eventually got into the roof system. There was extensive water, heat and fire damage throughout the house.
Officials say there were three adults inside the home at the time, but no one was hurt. The occupants refused medical attention and decided to stay at the home after the fire was put out.
Firefighters from six departments responded to the blaze once a Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) sent out a distress signal. Personnel from Portage, Reedsburg, Kilbourn, Merrimac, North Freedom and Baraboo all responded to the fire.
Can't Find Something?
5545 Highway 93, Eau Claire, WI 54701
News Tips: (715)-831-1824 or firstname.lastname@example.org