Firefighters put out house fire in Baraboo - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Firefighters put out house fire in Baraboo

Posted:
BARABOO (WKOW)-- Firefighters from several communities responded to a house on fire at Bluff Road in Baraboo. Officials immediately saw heavy smoke coming through the roof of the home.

Firefighters made entry into the single story home and quickly extinguished the fire which originated in the chimney. The flames spread through cracks in the brick and mortar of the chimney and eventually got into the roof system. There was extensive water, heat and fire damage throughout the house.

Officials say there were three adults inside the home at the time, but no one was hurt. The occupants refused medical attention and decided to stay at the home after the fire was put out.

Firefighters from six departments responded to the blaze once a Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) sent out a distress signal. Personnel from Portage, Reedsburg, Kilbourn, Merrimac, North Freedom and Baraboo all responded to the fire.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact Director of Station Operations Lisa Patrow at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.