Possible carbon monoxide poisoning sends 4 people to the hospita - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Possible carbon monoxide poisoning sends 4 people to the hospital

Posted:

Eau Claire (WQOW) - Four people, two adults and two juveniles, were taken to the hospital on Wednesday night due to a possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rescue crews were called to 1423 1st Reserve Street just before 6 p.m.  (1st Reserve is off Ferry Street in Eau Claire.)  Firefighters say the two juveniles were already out of the home when they arrived.  Crews went in and brought the two adults out of the building.  All four were taken to the hospital.

Firefighters say the CO levels inside the home were at a life-threatening level.  A generator in the basement was running.  Investigators believe that was the cause of the high CO levels.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact Director of Station Operations Lisa Patrow at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.