Construction mistake starts fire at Sauk Prairie High School - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Construction mistake starts fire at Sauk Prairie High School

Posted:

PRAIRIE DU SAC (WKOW) -- Crews put out a fire in the walls of a room at Sauk Prairie High School on Wednesday.

The Prairie du Sac Fire Department says firefighters responded to reports of a structure fire in a classroom off the agriculture shop at the school at 9:40 a.m.

No students or staff were in the area when the fire began.

An investigation found the fire started when a construction worker accidentally sawed through a gas line in the wall at the same time live electric wires were cut, which ignited the fire. 

Sauk Prairie police say activities at Sauk Prairie High School are canceled for the rest of the day.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact News Director Dan Schillinger at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.