UPDATE: Bloomer family okay after carbon monoxide scare - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

UPDATE: Bloomer family okay after carbon monoxide scare

Posted:

Bloomer (WQOW) - A rural Bloomer family is back in their home after a carbon monoxide scare Monday night.

Rescue crews were called to the Enos Yoder home shortly before midnight. Yoder told emergency dispatchers that his family was passing out and he was having difficulty waking some of them. Two adults and five kids, who ranged in age from three to twelve, were checked out. Most were treated at the scene but some spent the night at the hospital.

Officials say high levels of carbon monoxide in the home were caused by a gas powered motor for a water pump in the basement.

********************************

(WQOW) - A family in Bloomer is recovering after being exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Chippewa County Sheriff's Department says it happened in rural Bloomer just before midnight on Monday. The primary response agency was Bloomer Fire and Rescue.  Advanced Life Support ambulances from the City of Chippewa Falls and the Chippewa Fire District were also dispatched along with the Mayo One Helicopter.

When crews got to the scene, two adults and five children were assessed by medical personnel at the scene. Most were treated there and released, some victims were taken by private vehicle to the Bloomer Hospital.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact News Director Dan Schillinger at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.