Meal on the stove sparks fire in the Town of Wheaton - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Meal on the stove sparks fire in the Town of Wheaton

Posted:

(News Release from Chippewa Fire District) On Sunday March 30 at 11:30 am the Chippewa Fire District was dispatched to a structure fire at 11874 57th Ave in the Town of Wheaton.

First on scene units reported smoke coming from the widows and eves on the East side of thehouse. Fire crews attacked the fire which was located in the kitchen of the house. The fire was controlled with 100 gallons of water/ foam about 15 minutes into the incident.

The cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove. The home is owned by Danieland Michelle Polencheck of the same address.  Fire damage was confined to the kitchen.

Smoke Detectors in the house alerted the homeowner of the fire. When Ms. Polencheck discovered the fire she quickly left the house and called 9-1-1.

The Chippewa Fire Districtreminds people to promptly call your local fire department rather than endanger yourself or your family in trying to put out a fire. 

 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WQOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's pubic inspection file should contact News Director Dan Schillinger at 715-852-5920. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.