Eau Claire (WQOW)- An alarming wake-up call for guests of an Eau Claire hotel. A fire forced everyone to be relocated.
Firefighters were called just after 10 o'clock Sunday morning to fight a chimney fire at Americas Best Value Inn along Clairemont Avenue.
Crews used ladders and an aerial truck to get onto the roof and put out the flames. While that was happening guests were moved to the opposite end of the hotel. Fire officials say for now, two rooms have been closed off, but the hotel is still open for business.
The fire caused around $15,000 in damage.