Police say Oconto High School fire caused by student smoking a c - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Police say Oconto High School fire caused by student smoking a cigarette

Posted:
Green Bay (WQOW) - Police say a teen who lit up in the bathroom caused five million dollars in damage at Oconto High School.  

The fire happened last Wednesday, in a boy's bathroom.  After looking at surveillance video and interviewing students and staff, Oconto Police have identified a 16-year-old student as a person of interest in the fire.

Police say the student left class early and went to the bathroom to smoke a home rolled cigarette. Police believe the fire started because the cigarette was left too close to a toilet paper dispenser.  They do not believe it was intentionally set.

Students are attending classes at the middle school while crews clean the smoke damage from the high school
Powered by Frankly