COPY-Chippewa Falls displaced by fire twice in 2 years
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (AP) - A Chippewa Falls family is looking for a new home after their house caught fire, the second time they've been victimized by fire in two years.
The Chippewa Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1C9Dc0W ) Jeff and Amanda Radle moved into the Chippewa Falls home two years ago after their trailer house in Cadott caught fire. The Chippewa Falls home caught fire at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Jeff Radle says he was at work and his pregnant wife was out with the couple's 14-month-old child to pick up her son from school when a neighbor reported the fire.
Fire Chief Mike Hepfler says the fire originated in the basement, possibly with a wood-burning stove. Damage is estimated at $65,000 and valued the home at $70,000.
Thursday, June 8 2017 12:45 PM EDT2017-06-08 16:45:20 GMT
Members of the newly created commission to regulate ethics laws for Wisconsin office holders and lobbyists are beginning their work with the simplest of tasks: deciding on a name. Weightier decisions aren't far...More >>
Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he is "shocked" that fellow Republican Gov. Scott Walker is refusing to visit any of the state's prisons. Vos made the comment during an Aug. 10 interview on a liberal talk...More >>