Kitchen fire in Chippewa Falls causes $40,000 in damages - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Kitchen fire in Chippewa Falls causes $40,000 in damages

Posted: Updated:

Chippewa Falls (WQOW) - Fire officials have released new information regarding a house fire in Chippewa Falls over the weekend.

On Sunday, shortly after 2:15 p.m., Chippewa Falls fire crews responded to a structure fire at a home on west Walnut Street. Crews found heavy smoke coming from the kitchen area.

Crews determined the cause of the fire to be a cooking fire, which started on top of the stove and traveled throughout the kitchen. Officials said the building is uninhabitable due to fire and smoke damage throughout the building.

According to a release, the residents of the home were displaced and the American Red Cross assisted them.


Posted Oct. 1, 2017:

Chippewa Falls (WQOW) -- Fire officials in Chippewa Falls said a cooking fire at a home on west Walnut Street spread throughout the kitchen, causing $40,000 in damages. 

According to the Fire Chief, when crews arrived to the structure fire shortly after 2:15 p.m. on Sunday, they saw large amounts of heavy smoke coming from the single story house. They said everyone inside of the home had already made it out safely and, fortunately, no one was hurt. 

Officials believe the fire started on top of the stove and spread through the kitchen. They said there's smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the building, so the family will need to find somewhere else to stay. The American Red Cross was notified to assist them. 

Authorities said the building was owned by Terry Sockness. 

Powered by Frankly