Menomonie (WQOW) - The Board of Directors of the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts has announced they have ended the employment of the executive director Steve Renfree.
His last day was Friday, December 29, 2017. The Board wants to emphasize that Renfree is not the employee under investigation by the police regarding the incident involving sexual assault allegations from December 9, 2017. News 18 reported on that investigation last month.
Daily operations of the Mabel Tainter will be overseen by the board of directors during the transition, as the search for a new executive director is underway. Andrew Mercil, Board President, will spearhead the daily operations of the Mabel.
“The Mabel Tainter has been the creative cornerstone for our community and will celebrate its 128th year in 2018. Many people have come and gone during her history, but the one constant is that our Mabel remains a center for the arts for everyone. Our dedicated team of board members, staff, and volunteers are working hard to ensure that 2018 will be a wonderful year at our Mabel,” Mercil said.
The Board of Directors will begin recruiting for a new Executive Director in 2018, spearheaded by Board Vice President, Michelle Dingwall. “We look forward to filling this vital position soon to ensure the Mabel’s vitality for generations to come,” said Dingwall.
Daily operations will remain the same, with open hours Tuesday-Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Information about upcoming shows can be found at mabeltainter.org or by calling the box office at 715-235-0001.