Renovations planned for Carson Park baseball stadium - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Renovations planned for Carson Park baseball stadium

Posted:

Eau Claire (WQOW) - A facility with over 80 years of history in it needs updates to keep running for 80 more.

According the the Carson Park Capital Campaign Committee, the building itself will not be touched during the project. However, bleachers on the third and first base sides will be redone so they are more comfortable for fans. The dugouts will be updated, bathrooms will also be updated so they can be ready to use once the season starts. Concessions will also be added and upgraded to accommodate fans during events. The committee told News 18 the project is all about the fans.

"The facility here handles about 175 events each summer, or each season. Most of that are baseball games, high school, the Cavaliers, American Legion and of course the Express," said committee member Mark Faanes. "Also, the Shrine Circus and the fireworks on the 4th of July and all those things, so we want to make a better environment for all those things. So, it's aimed not just for baseball but everything, and just make it a more comfortable environment."

Faanes also said the $2.5 million project has already been funded 75 percent, so they're fundraising for the remaining 25 percent. If you'd like to support the effort, click here.

Powered by Frankly