You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

3 escape house fire in Town of Wheaton, home total loss

  • Updated
  • 0

TOWN OF WHEATON (WQOW) - Nobody was injured, but a home was destroyed after a fire broke out Wednesday afternoon. 

Wheaton Fire & Rescue responded to the incident on 60th Avenue around 11:00 a.m. They were on scene for about 5 hours. 

According to fire personnel, the fire was caused by a propane space heater that ignited the fumes of a gas can in the garage. The fire then spread to the home's attic. 

Three people were able to escape. However, the house is considered a total loss.

Email us your story ideas to news@wqow.com

Recommended for you